Hassad Australia is committed to sustainable food production and continuous improvements in productivity.
Our vision for sustainability is underpinned by sound science and supported by our commitment to R&D projects across livestock, pastures, cropping and whole of property planning and management.
We believe that sustainable food production integrates effective environmental management systems, social and economic equity, environmental health, economic profitability and animal welfare.
We are developing best practice farming, environmental, cropping and livestock management systems that include new technologies, GIS monitoring, soil and yield mapping, crop rotations, conservation farming, reduced chemical use and enhanced animal welfare.
Hassad Australia’s stewardship ethic extends to corporate social responsibility including staff working conditions, rural community life and consumer health and safety.
Health, Safety & Environmental Management
Hassad Australia values its employees, contractors, customers and the environment and communities in which we operate and live. We are committed to complying with Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) laws and obligations, and to achieve our goal of zero harm in the workplace.
Through effective management practices, Hassad aims to protect the health and safety of its employees, minimise any adverse impacts its activities may have on the environment and make a positive contribution to its local communities.
Hassad’s integrated HSE Management System provides the framework for HSE management and continual improvement throughout our businesses and activities. Through the implementation of our HSE Management System, Hassad is committed to:
- Maintaining a safe, productive and enjoyable workplace
- Proactively identifying and managing our HSE risks
- Creating a safe and sustainable future for all future generations
- Reducing our energy, water and natural resources consumption and preventing pollution
- Providing training and communication to all our workers
- Measuring and evaluating our HSE performance through regular audits, inspections, monitoring and reporting
- Recognising outstanding HSE performance in our business
- Seeking and respecting the views of our communities and other stakeholders
These obligations are shared by all Hassad staff, contractors and visitors, who are accountable for behaving in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times. Every employee, contractor, and visitor has a personal responsibility to conform with this policy and to notify a Hassad Manager if there is a compliance matter or question.
Through demonstrating leadership, building on our current efforts, learning from HSE incidents, and continually improving our HSE performance, together we can achieve our goal of zero harm in the workplace.
Hassad Australia aims to be an industry leader in animal welfare, having a management culture and operational system that aims to fulfil both the company’s legal obligations and community expectations in the management of animals in its care. Hassad Australia requires its staff, contractors and visitors to:
- engage in socially responsible livestock management
- utilise Hassad Australia’s operating procedures to minimise risks to the welfare of animals in Hassad Australia’s care – including livestock, working dogs, companion animals, native animals and animal pests in harmony with the environment
- actively identify and manage animal welfare risks, through risk assessment, auditing, performance monitoring, incident investigation and review undertake animal welfare training offered by Hassad Australia
- recognise outstanding animal welfare performance in the Hassad Australia business
- regularly consulting with an Independent Animal Welfare Advisory Committee for advice on animal welfare matters
- engage the communities and industries in which Hassad Australia operates to converse regarding animal welfare views
Hassad Australia and its related bodies corporate recognise the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information.
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and we comply with all of the Privacy Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Head Office:
Hassad Australia Pty Ltd
Post: Level 18
201 Miller St
North Sydney, NSW 2060
Tel: +61 (02) 9900 3713